If you’re interested in working with a quickly growing, fast-paced team on bleeding-edge technologies in biology, you’ve come to the right place.
The future is growing organs on demand, curing disease before the first symptom, and editing out bad genes. Acorn is unlocking all of this with the power of the human cell – your cell. We are a healthcare technology company focused on giving every human being the best chance to experience more healthy years with our easy, affordable and non-invasive live-cell collection, analysis, and cryopreservation service. We offer our services directly to consumers through both at-home and in-clinic collection sites, as well as to businesses as a part of employee benefits programs and through health clinics and pharmacies as a part of their expanded preventative healthcare offering.
B2B Sales Manager
Location: Toronto / Remote work arrangements possible
Reporting into our COO, the B2B Sales Manager will focus on generating and qualifying leads in the sales pipeline. This position involves creating new leads, cold calling new potential clients, following up on client business referrals and web leads. You will also manage the leads in the pipeline by providing prospective customers/clients with information about Acorn’s Employer offering, cell storage services, and provide additional literature as needed. The ideal candidate will be energetic, well-spoken, and eager to close sales.
You will communicate with prospects on a regular basis through campaigns, personalized content, responding to questions and inquiries, and liaising with Acorn’s internal teams for support, tools and guidance.
We are looking for someone who can ramp up quickly and thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
What You’ll Do
- Researching potential leads from business directories, web searches or digital resources
- Qualify leads from digital campaigns, conferences, references, tradeshows, etc.
- Cold Calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients
- Creating and maintaining a list/ database of prospects
- Presenting and delivering information to potential clients
- Developing and executing an engaging, relevant, and creative communication strategy for prospects.
- Tracking weekly, monthly and quarterly performance and sales metrics
- Maintaining a database of prospective client information by leveraging our CRM tool (Hubspot)
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- 3-5 years of Business Development Experience (Initiating and scaling sales channels for an early-stage company)
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write effective emails and engage professionally across all communication channels (phone, video, written)
- Familiar with CRM software such as Hubspot CRM
- Proven ability to build and deliver B2B sales pitch decks
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- High comfort level with making cold calls and talking to new people all-day
- Excellent presentations skills
- Ability to research prospective partners and be prepared for engaging and closing partnerships.
- Adept at effective time management; you can handle multiple projects and requests at once.
- Previous experience in an outbound call center, inside sales experience or related sales experience, preferred
- Persuasive and goal-oriented
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- University degree
- Thrive on the challenge of closing a deal and winning the business.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, agile environment
- An interest or passion for science and technology, biology, or genetics.
Nice To Haves
- Experience working in an early stage healthcare company
If you’re interested or know someone who is please email us at email@example.com